The objective of Organics Cluster in Rhône-Alpes is to bring together industry and research so as to foster the development of a structured regional organic offering with a strong innovation and marketing capacity.
A HIGHLY FAVORABLE REGIONAL CONTEXT
The Rhône-Alpes region is one of the leading French regions in the area of organic agriculture : it has the largest number of farms and companies that process organic foo products and cosmetics. Aware of the development potential of these activities, the Rhône-Alpes region has chosen since 2005 to strengthen the competitiveness of this sector by instigating the creation of Organics Cluster.
ORGANICS CLUSTER’S GOALS AND ITS APPROACH
Organics Cluster in Rhône-Alpes brings together decision-makers from organic markets :
- Organic agri-food industry
- Cosmetics certified by recognized specifications
- Organic textiles
- Ecological household products
The cluster gives the 900 companies that make up this sector the opportunities and means to work together to be stronger as a whole.
The cluster encourages cooperation between public and private stakeholders from the sector with 3 focus areas (training, innovation, marketing). Its goals are to :
- Develop the market of organic products,
- Promote and give visibillity to the Rhône-Alpes region on organic markets,
- Increase the performance and competitiveness of companies in the cluster,
- Create working groups, develop actions that meet the needs of companies and the market,
- Strengthen the presence of companies abroad,
- Encourage the development of new activities.